Two years ago, in the first major split in organized labor in 50 years, the Change-to-Win (CTW) Federation broke away from the AFL-CIO. The AFL-CIO federation lost about one-third of its membership to CTW, including the Service Employees International Union, Teamsters, United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Carpenters, Laborers, Farm Workers and UNITE-HERE (Needletrades and Restaurant employees). ..
By Mark H. Ayers
AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department ..
By Mark Breslin ..
BELLEVILLE - From the outside, the JP Morgan Chase Technology Center looks like your run-of-the-mill office building addition - albeit without windows. ..
Workplace injury and illness numbers in the U.S. may not be what they seem. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan