LANSING - With the state government's chronic lack of money and legislators' inability to pass a balanced budget, we shouldn't be surprised that Michigan's roads - and construction workers' employment opportunities - are going to suffer their share. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
KALAMAZOO - Nationwide, there are 115 ethanol plants in operation, and another 80 are under construction. ..
ANN ARBOR - With the University of Michigan having completed a disappointing 8-4 regular season on Nov. 17 with a loss on their home turf to Ohio State, attention now turns to Michigan Stadium itself, where a three-year, $226 million renovation project is coming off the sidelines. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - It took an AFL-CIO lawsuit, congressional intervention and an appellate court ruling, but the Bush government's Occupational Safety and Health Administration issued its final rule requiring employers to buy personal protective equipment - such as hard hats and protective garments - for workers, on Nov. 15. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone