By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
By Mark Gruenberg
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 94-3 vote on Feb. 1, the new Democratic-run Senate approved the first raise in the federal minimum wage in a decade. But to get enough GOP votes that successfully stopped a Republican filibuster two days before, senators festooned it with $8 billion in tax breaks for "small business." ..
By Tula Connell
via the AFL-CIO ..
NEW BUFFALO TWP. - A new hotel and casino are blowing into the extreme southwest corner of the state, in the form of the Four Winds Casino Resort, which is currently under construction. ..
A "radical change" in how workforce development is conducted - including a blunt suggestion to start recruiting a more non-white workforce - is needed to fill employment needs in the U.S. construction industry, says a new study released Jan. 16 by the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association. ..
EAST LANSING - At a reception with Michigan State University officials held Thursday, Jan. 18, Mid-Michigan Construction Alliance (MMCA) members thanked the University for its utilization of the union construction industry and celebrated MMCA's ongoing partnership with the university. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone