LANSING - Did you hear Michigan's state government is in a budget crisis? ..
No easy answers for state's budget - The Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council Legislative Conference, 2007
LANSING - Gov. Jennifer Granholm told Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council delegates that Michigan's job and budgetary woes are rooted in a state that has 630 percent more manufacturing jobs than any other. ..
LANSING - With Democrats in control of the state House and the governor's chair, passage of a right-to-work law and the outlawing of project labor agreements in Michigan are not imminent. ..
LANSING - By comparison with what lies ahead, the year 2007 is looking pretty good for highway funding - and for the rating of the condition of our state's roads and bridges. ..
ROMULUS - The last major structural steel beam was lifted into place April 18, signifying the topping out of the $426 million Metro Airport North Terminal Redevelopment Project. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan