A contingent of building tradesmen from Michigan are truly putting the "journey" in journeyman, working 7,000 miles from home constructing a $592 million embassy complex on 104 acres. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Some nurses who make out schedules for co-workers, and construction journeymen who direct apprentices, are at the top of the list of U.S. employees who may be declared "supervisors" under a new National Labor Relations Board ruling. ..
WASHINGTON - President Bush has promised a veto of a Democrat-backed bill that would allow 125,000 Department of Homeland Security (DHS) workers to operate under a collective bargaining agreement. ..
DETROIT - The Hurlbut Memorial Gate at the city's Waterworks Park was completed in 1894 - in an era when communities were willing to devote the resources to build public art on a grand scale. ..
ANN ARBOR - The long-dormant United Association of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Michigan State Apprentice Contest is starting to become routine, again. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction