A contingent of building tradesmen from Michigan are truly putting the "journey" in journeyman, working 7,000 miles from home constructing a $592 million embassy complex on 104 acres. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Some nurses who make out schedules for co-workers, and construction journeymen who direct apprentices, are at the top of the list of U.S. employees who may be declared "supervisors" under a new National Labor Relations Board ruling. ..
WASHINGTON - President Bush has promised a veto of a Democrat-backed bill that would allow 125,000 Department of Homeland Security (DHS) workers to operate under a collective bargaining agreement. ..
DETROIT - The Hurlbut Memorial Gate at the city's Waterworks Park was completed in 1894 - in an era when communities were willing to devote the resources to build public art on a grand scale. ..
ANN ARBOR - The long-dormant United Association of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Michigan State Apprentice Contest is starting to become routine, again. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved