A workplace hazard at popcorn plants, of all places, was used to illustrate OSHA's agonizingly slow process of setting safety standards on the job. ..
MARQUETTE - Northern Michigan University students had to be out of their Van Antwerp Hall rooms on May 5, just after the end of the winter semester. ..
The number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. has grown to nearly 5 percent of the U.S. working population, or 12 million workers, according to a report last year by the Pew Hispanic Center. And about 20 percent of that population works in construction. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
By Michael B. Serling ..
The second annual Benjamin Franklin Memorial Poker Run will be held starting at with registration at 10 a.m. on Saturday, July 28 at the Lansing Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 333 union hall.
The motorcycle ride is held in memory of Benjamin Tyler Franklin, who died at age three of cerebral palsy. He's the son of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 333 secretary April Franklin and Iron Workers Local 25 member Benjamin Franklin. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone