WASHINGTON - In the end, the Employee Free Choice Act was doomed, but it did provide some important information for union voters in 2008. ..
By Harry Kelber
'The Labor Educator'
DEARBORN - Steel making at the Ford Rouge has continued unabated since the complex was opened in the 1920s - and with a $300 million investment to upgrade one of its two blast furnaces, the plant will continue to show its mettle. ..
Any chance for comprehensive reform of the nation's immigration laws finally came to an end June 28, when the U.S. Senate voted failed to get enough votes (46-53) to end debate on the matter. ..
PONTIAC - An expansion of the General Motors Engine Dynamometer Test Facility reached a milestone June 15, with GM, their contractors and the building trades celebrating the topping out of the structure. ..
ST. IGNACE - Michigan is throwing a 50th anniversary party for the Mackinac Bridge - and we're all invited. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll