Old-timers swear that a lot of things were better when they were younger - and when it comes to unions and Labor Day celebrations, they may have a point. ..
We don't know where the summer went, either - but as the end of August starts to loom, it's time to start thinking about Labor Day. ..
LANSING - An effort to give preference to hiring Michigan workers on state taxpayer-funded projects moved quickly last week, and resulted in a victory for the home team. ..
EAST LANSING - Just in time for the new fall semester, the building trades late last month were wrapping up the renovation of the Snyder/Phillips residence halls. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll