Old-timers swear that a lot of things were better when they were younger - and when it comes to unions and Labor Day celebrations, they may have a point. ..
We don't know where the summer went, either - but as the end of August starts to loom, it's time to start thinking about Labor Day. ..
LANSING - An effort to give preference to hiring Michigan workers on state taxpayer-funded projects moved quickly last week, and resulted in a victory for the home team. ..
EAST LANSING - Just in time for the new fall semester, the building trades late last month were wrapping up the renovation of the Snyder/Phillips residence halls. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says