ESSEXVILLE - Consumers Energy has selected the grounds of its Karn/Weadock Generating Complex near Bay City as the site for construction of an 800-megawatt coal power plant. ..
PORT HURON - More than 35 years after Michigan's worst construction accident claimed the lives of 22 workers, there was finally some closure for some of the victims' families on Aug. 31. ..
ROMULUS - One year from now, airline passengers at Metro Airport's North Terminal will be checking luggage, getting tickets, enjoying a latte, wandering the concourse and waiting for their plane to take them somewhere else. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 74-24 margin, the U.S. Senate on Sept. 11 voted to ban uninspected Mexican trucks from U.S. roads. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Ultimately, it's a vote whose purpose will probably only illustrate the difference between typically union-friendly Democrats and anti-union Republicans. ..
SOUTHFIELD - Students at Lawrence Tech University participating in the Solar Decathlon 2007 have easy access to the plans, theories and textbooks that address energy efficient construction techniques. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll