Michigan is said to be in a one-state recession, but someone should mention that to the construction industry. ..
LANSING - On-the-job construction industry fatalities in Michigan took a remarkable drop last year, from 26 in 2006 to 11 in 2007. The 11 fatalities marked the lowest number of construction industry deaths in a year ever recorded by MIOSHA. ..
By Scott Schneider
Laborers Health and Safety Fund of North America ..
DETROIT - The largest expansion project in the history of the St. John Hospital and Medical Center is moving quickly to the end of its first phase. The fast-paced work is part of $161 million in construction work that will transform the east-side facility's delivery of care - and its footprint. ..
MONITOR TWP. - The 70-acre lot at the southeast corner of U.S. 10 and Mackinaw Rd. near Midland still had the appearance a farmer's frozen hayfield last month, but part of it is rapidly being transformed into a hub of commerce for a major beer, wine and liquor distributor. ..
A dirty little secret? Hardly. More like a tattoo on our forehead that everyone can see easily but us. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks