Michigan is said to be in a one-state recession, but someone should mention that to the construction industry. ..
LANSING - On-the-job construction industry fatalities in Michigan took a remarkable drop last year, from 26 in 2006 to 11 in 2007. The 11 fatalities marked the lowest number of construction industry deaths in a year ever recorded by MIOSHA. ..
By Scott Schneider
Laborers Health and Safety Fund of North America ..
DETROIT - The largest expansion project in the history of the St. John Hospital and Medical Center is moving quickly to the end of its first phase. The fast-paced work is part of $161 million in construction work that will transform the east-side facility's delivery of care - and its footprint. ..
MONITOR TWP. - The 70-acre lot at the southeast corner of U.S. 10 and Mackinaw Rd. near Midland still had the appearance a farmer's frozen hayfield last month, but part of it is rapidly being transformed into a hub of commerce for a major beer, wine and liquor distributor. ..
A dirty little secret? Hardly. More like a tattoo on our forehead that everyone can see easily but us. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll