Michigan is said to be in a one-state recession, but someone should mention that to the construction industry. ..
LANSING - On-the-job construction industry fatalities in Michigan took a remarkable drop last year, from 26 in 2006 to 11 in 2007. The 11 fatalities marked the lowest number of construction industry deaths in a year ever recorded by MIOSHA. ..
By Scott Schneider
Laborers Health and Safety Fund of North America ..
DETROIT - The largest expansion project in the history of the St. John Hospital and Medical Center is moving quickly to the end of its first phase. The fast-paced work is part of $161 million in construction work that will transform the east-side facility's delivery of care - and its footprint. ..
MONITOR TWP. - The 70-acre lot at the southeast corner of U.S. 10 and Mackinaw Rd. near Midland still had the appearance a farmer's frozen hayfield last month, but part of it is rapidly being transformed into a hub of commerce for a major beer, wine and liquor distributor. ..
A dirty little secret? Hardly. More like a tattoo on our forehead that everyone can see easily but us. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower