By Harry Kelber ..
ROMULUS - The North Terminal has flung open its gates - all 27 of them - completing a three-year-long construction project that will burnish the reputation of Metro Airport as one of the finest in the country. ..
LANSING - Billions of dollars in construction activity is expected to be unleashed in Michigan as the result of the Sept. 18 bipartisan passage of three bills that re-regulate the state's electrical utilities. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - The call to make Michigan a right-to-work state pops its ugly head up now and then, and its latest sighting was at the 2008 West Michigan Regional Policy Conference held Sept. 18-19 in Grand Rapids. ..
COOPERSVILLE - A mobile classroom mounted on a truck trailer rolled through Michigan recently, showing off environmentally friendly - or green - construction applications for construction workers and the general public. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says