DETROIT - Towering 30 stories over Monroe Street, the Greektown Casino Hotel is nearing completion, and will add another 400 rooms to the city's growing retinue of hotel space. ..
LANSING - In a state that is in no condition to hear more bad economic news, out comes a Nov. 10 report that says Michigan's transportation routes will continue to deteriorate without doubling our state's investment in roads and bridge repair. ..
The nation's labor leaders expect the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) to be passed by the Democratic Congress and signed by President Barack Obama, hopefully, in his first 100 days in office. They claim that passage of EFCA would give workers an opportunity to join unions without fear of intimidation or loss of job. In the past three years, union organizing has been mostly "on hold," because of fierce employer opposition. But today, they can echo President-elect Obama's mantra: "Now is the time. Now is the moment." ..
'If you can't be safe for you, do it for your loved ones' Take personal responsibility, accident victim urges
A self-described "unremarkable" equipment operator at an Exxon refinery in New Jersey, Charlie Morecraft was working overtime just after midnight on August 8, 1980, in order to make a little extra vacation money. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino