DETROIT - Towering 30 stories over Monroe Street, the Greektown Casino Hotel is nearing completion, and will add another 400 rooms to the city's growing retinue of hotel space. ..
LANSING - In a state that is in no condition to hear more bad economic news, out comes a Nov. 10 report that says Michigan's transportation routes will continue to deteriorate without doubling our state's investment in roads and bridge repair. ..
The nation's labor leaders expect the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) to be passed by the Democratic Congress and signed by President Barack Obama, hopefully, in his first 100 days in office. They claim that passage of EFCA would give workers an opportunity to join unions without fear of intimidation or loss of job. In the past three years, union organizing has been mostly "on hold," because of fierce employer opposition. But today, they can echo President-elect Obama's mantra: "Now is the time. Now is the moment." ..
'If you can't be safe for you, do it for your loved ones' Take personal responsibility, accident victim urges
A self-described "unremarkable" equipment operator at an Exxon refinery in New Jersey, Charlie Morecraft was working overtime just after midnight on August 8, 1980, in order to make a little extra vacation money. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan