Following this fall's calamity in the money markets, as well as the loss of construction man-hours brought on by the declining economy, multi-employer pension plans that serve building trades unions aren't looking for a financial bailout - but they are looking for a change in federal rules to keep them out of a deeper funding hole. ..
By Thomas I. Palley
Special to Press Associates ..
DETROIT - It's not as grand as the recently opened Westin Book-Cadillac a few blocks away, nor is it modern and flashy like the city's three new casino hotels. ..
DETROIT - One of the first major tasks associated with the Marathon Petroleum Co.'s Heavy Oil Upgrade Project (HUOP) was the installation of a pair of "coker drums." ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll