Don't fall for the big lie about labor's top priority ..
By Mark Ayers
In many areas of the old Ford Piquette plant you still see and smell the oil that workers who built Henry Ford's first cars spilled onto the maple floor years ago. The exposed massive pine timber support columns are original, as is the sprinkler system suspended from the ceilings. ..
August is starting to fade and a new school year is looming - that can only mean one thing. Well, it probably means any number of things, but for our purposes, it means Labor Day is upon us. ..
TROY - A local brickyard makes a "Beaumont Brick" so that any new Beaumont Hospital renovation, expansion or satellite facility will match the look of the original building in Royal Oak. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - China's trade surplus with the U.S., created by undervalued currency, low pay for Chinese workers and a deliberate drive for industrial exports, has cost the U.S. economy almost 2.3 million jobs from 2001 through 2007, says an Economic Policy Institute study. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower