Don't fall for the big lie about labor's top priority ..
By Mark Ayers
In many areas of the old Ford Piquette plant you still see and smell the oil that workers who built Henry Ford's first cars spilled onto the maple floor years ago. The exposed massive pine timber support columns are original, as is the sprinkler system suspended from the ceilings. ..
August is starting to fade and a new school year is looming - that can only mean one thing. Well, it probably means any number of things, but for our purposes, it means Labor Day is upon us. ..
TROY - A local brickyard makes a "Beaumont Brick" so that any new Beaumont Hospital renovation, expansion or satellite facility will match the look of the original building in Royal Oak. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - China's trade surplus with the U.S., created by undervalued currency, low pay for Chinese workers and a deliberate drive for industrial exports, has cost the U.S. economy almost 2.3 million jobs from 2001 through 2007, says an Economic Policy Institute study. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center