Christmas for the nation's pension plans came a little early last year, as President Bush on Dec. 23 signed legislation that is expected to provide some relief for single- and multi-employer retirement plans. ..
A survey released in December on the financial status of multi-employer pension plans - such as those that cover building trades unions - finds an increasing number of patients on the sick list, but an overall healthy population. ..
ANN ARBOR - The structural steel's up at the massive C.S. Mott Children's and Women's Hospital Replacement Project, but it's only the first major milestone that can be marked as "finished" in the process of completing one of the largest construction projects in Michigan. ..
If the current dismal work prospects in the U.S. come to fruition, it would be "simply devastating" to the U.S. construction industry, with job layoffs amounting to nearly one-third of U.S. building trades workers. ..
Employment in the U.S. construction industry is hurting, but Hardhats have plenty of company. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll