Construction employment again declined in large numbers in all but one state this September compared to last year, according to an analysis of new state-by-state employment figures released Oct. 21 by the federal government. ..
By Mark Ayers
AFL-CIO Building Trades Department ..
SAGINAW – The 2.2 million-gallon north pond on the campus of Saginaw Valley State University provides a home to bluegill, crappie and other aquatic life, but next year, it’s going to do what no other pond has ever done in the State of Michigan. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – President Barack Obama’s three nominees – two Democrats and one Republican – to fill vacant seats on the National Labor Relations Board are one step closer to sitting in those chairs. ..
SOUTHFIELD – Someday, maybe the efforts of people who helped build the city Fire Department’s new rescue simulator will help save the life of a fellow construction worker in need of rescue. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan