Construction employment again declined in large numbers in all but one state this September compared to last year, according to an analysis of new state-by-state employment figures released Oct. 21 by the federal government. ..
By Mark Ayers
AFL-CIO Building Trades Department ..
SAGINAW – The 2.2 million-gallon north pond on the campus of Saginaw Valley State University provides a home to bluegill, crappie and other aquatic life, but next year, it’s going to do what no other pond has ever done in the State of Michigan. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – President Barack Obama’s three nominees – two Democrats and one Republican – to fill vacant seats on the National Labor Relations Board are one step closer to sitting in those chairs. ..
SOUTHFIELD – Someday, maybe the efforts of people who helped build the city Fire Department’s new rescue simulator will help save the life of a fellow construction worker in need of rescue. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino