LANSING – Gov. Jennifer Granholm delivered a body blow to Michigan’s construction industry during her State of the State address on Feb. 3. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The first law Democratic President Barack Obama signed helps workers: The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – The number of unionists nationwide rose by 428,000 in 2008 – the largest rise in numbers since statistics started being kept in 1983 – pushing total union gains among the nation’s workers to almost three-quarters of a million in the last two years, the Labor Department reported Jan. 29. ..
WEST BLOOMFIELD – It has the look and feel of Northern Michigan lodge, with natural construction components like stone and wood, and an interior courtyard that includes trees and wood chips. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)–By a 65-31 vote, the Senate decided on Feb 4 to keep a strong “Buy American” provision in the ever-growing American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, otherwise known as the stimulus bill. But senators modified the item. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll