Why is this recession so deep, and what can be done to reverse it? ..
LANSING – Michigan is in line to get about $7 billion in federal stimulus money, but it’s probably going to take months to figure out how it’s all going to be spent. ..
WASHINGTON – It’s a new day at the U.S. Department of Labor, which was criticized during the Bush years as a lapdog for the business community rather than a guard dog for the interests of American workers. ..
SAGINAW TWP. - Increased sewer capacity is in the pipeline at the township's Southwest Wastewater Treatment Plant, where the building trades are at work. ..
(PAI) – An AFL-CIO statement has given the green light to ongoing talks designed to reunify the nation’s competing union federations. As approved by the AFL-CIO Executive Council in Miami on March 4, the statement says “now is the time to bring the union movement back together.” ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center