MIAMI (PAI) – Interrupted frequently by applause and occasional ovations, Vice President Joseph Biden reiterated the Obama Administrations agreement with the nation’s union movement on key goals, including health care reform, industrial revitalization and passage of the Employee Free Choice Act. ..
(PAI) – By a 53%-39% margin, Americans support the key concept of the Employee Free Choice Act — making it easier for unions to organize – but 65% follow the issue very little or not at all, a new poll shows. ..
LIVONIA – Madonna University’s new Science and Media Building is approaching completion, and it will be the school’s first standalone building erected on campus in 40 years. ..
OXBOW, Mich. – Installation of a new water turbine on Unit 3 of Consumers Energy’s Hardy Dam on the Muskegon River was completed this month, resulting in a 600-kilowatt upgrade in energy from the unit. ..
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved
- News Briefs
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building