MIAMI (PAI) – Interrupted frequently by applause and occasional ovations, Vice President Joseph Biden reiterated the Obama Administrations agreement with the nation’s union movement on key goals, including health care reform, industrial revitalization and passage of the Employee Free Choice Act. ..
(PAI) – By a 53%-39% margin, Americans support the key concept of the Employee Free Choice Act — making it easier for unions to organize – but 65% follow the issue very little or not at all, a new poll shows. ..
LIVONIA – Madonna University’s new Science and Media Building is approaching completion, and it will be the school’s first standalone building erected on campus in 40 years. ..
OXBOW, Mich. – Installation of a new water turbine on Unit 3 of Consumers Energy’s Hardy Dam on the Muskegon River was completed this month, resulting in a 600-kilowatt upgrade in energy from the unit. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says