MIAMI (PAI) – Interrupted frequently by applause and occasional ovations, Vice President Joseph Biden reiterated the Obama Administrations agreement with the nation’s union movement on key goals, including health care reform, industrial revitalization and passage of the Employee Free Choice Act. ..
(PAI) – By a 53%-39% margin, Americans support the key concept of the Employee Free Choice Act — making it easier for unions to organize – but 65% follow the issue very little or not at all, a new poll shows. ..
LIVONIA – Madonna University’s new Science and Media Building is approaching completion, and it will be the school’s first standalone building erected on campus in 40 years. ..
OXBOW, Mich. – Installation of a new water turbine on Unit 3 of Consumers Energy’s Hardy Dam on the Muskegon River was completed this month, resulting in a 600-kilowatt upgrade in energy from the unit. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center