Labor law reform will pass in 2009. The time is right. ..
MASON – Despite a lobbying campaign by the anti-union Associated Builders and Contractors, “it appears that there is support” by a majority of the Ingham County Board of Commissioners for passage of a project labor agreement governing construction work sponsored by the county. ..
DETROIT – Walbridge and the building trades have made a veritable blank slate out of the massive Argonaut Building, and are ready to transform it into modern space for the College for Creative Studies. ..
The defection of a Republican Pennsylvania senator to the Democratic Party could have profound implications for the labor movement in the U.S. Or not. ..
Economically, Michigan is as sick as they come. So would instituting a union-killing, wage-lowering right-to-work law open the door to new businesses and return the state to fiscal prosperity? ..
Since 2003, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford has turned the state into a petri dish for what hard-core conservatism – slashed taxes, shrunken government, cut regulations – would look like. With a Republican-controlled legislature, he’s had pretty much free rein to enact the basic policies conservatives argue would make an economy thrive. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan