GRAND RAPIDS – Under construction along Michigan Street, the 14-story Helen Devos Children’s Hospital expansion will add 440,000 square-feet of space to the city’s Medical Mile, a collection of health care and research facilities. ..
The federal stimulus money is slowly starting to put Americans to work. ..
The head of the AFL-CIO Building Trades Department, who generally speaks on behalf of all the group’s affiliated unions, last month urged Congress to blend universal health care coverage in the U.S. with existing Taft-Hartley rules plans that currently cover all building trades union workers. ..
LANSING – These are lean, lean times in Michigan for the highway building industry. And they’re not much better around the country, either. ..
TRAVERSE CITY – Air handlers and related fixtures for a major expansion project at Munson Medical Center are being deftly handled by Sheet Metal Workers Local 7 members. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower