GRAND RAPIDS – Under construction along Michigan Street, the 14-story Helen Devos Children’s Hospital expansion will add 440,000 square-feet of space to the city’s Medical Mile, a collection of health care and research facilities. ..
The federal stimulus money is slowly starting to put Americans to work. ..
The head of the AFL-CIO Building Trades Department, who generally speaks on behalf of all the group’s affiliated unions, last month urged Congress to blend universal health care coverage in the U.S. with existing Taft-Hartley rules plans that currently cover all building trades union workers. ..
LANSING – These are lean, lean times in Michigan for the highway building industry. And they’re not much better around the country, either. ..
TRAVERSE CITY – Air handlers and related fixtures for a major expansion project at Munson Medical Center are being deftly handled by Sheet Metal Workers Local 7 members. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says