This Labor Day, many American workers will be watching their pennies as much as they watch the annual parades. This year, working people across the board are being hit with an unprecedented array of economic problems, ranging from a lack of jobs to reduced wages for those who have jobs. ..
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama wants to stop the political ping-pong around project labor agreements (PLAs), by inserting a requirement for them for major construction contracts solely done with federal cash into rules that U.S. contracting officers must follow. ..
While there haven’t been many bright spots in the job market this year, thousands of workers from around Michigan celebrated labor’s day, anyway on Labor Day 2009. ..
Workplace fatalities in the construction industry dropped significantly from 2007 to 2008 – 20 percent – but the building industry continues to lead all employment sectors in worker fatalities. ..
The national construction fatality rate declined 47 percent and the number of recordable safety incidents dropped 38 percent since the federal government switched to a safety oversight approach known as “collaborative safety” in 1998, according to an analysis of federal safety data released Aug. 27 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
The addition to Battle Creek Central High School is shaping up, with structural steel dominating the landscape next to the existing school on West Van Buren Street. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone