The Michigan Public Service Commission dropped a bombshell report on the state utilities, contractors and the building trades Sept. 8, by releasing its findings during the application process that said the construction of two power plants in Michigan representing billions of dollars in work is unnecessary. ..
DETROIT – The 40-story Guardian Building’s listing on the National Register of Historic Places calls it “one of the most exuberant Art Deco skyscrapers built in America.” ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved