Almost two years ago, conservative members of Congress, and their sycophants in the media (or, should I say the conservative media and their sycophants in Congress) set about on a tirade over President Obama’s proposal to provide federal monetary assistance to rescue General Motors and Chrysler. In truth, the assistance provided by the federal government actually began with the Bush Administration – but conservatives are never ones to ever let facts get in the way of their seemingly endless quest to demonize President Obama. ..
MIDLAND – The city is sponsoring construction that will turn brown energy into greenbacks, saving taxpayers thousands of dollars in energy costs. ..
Nationwide, new construction starts advanced 6 percent from July to August, a trend that shows continued stability – although stability in a lousy market is hardly what the industry needs. ..
SAGINAW – Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 85 brought in a parking lot-full of plumbing, heating and green industry demonstration equipment to give visitors an idea of what goes on in an industry whose work is vital to public safety and health – but is usually out of sight, and out of mind. ..
LANSING – Charge! ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Four U.S. construction unions – the Operating Engineers, Teamsters, Laborers and the Plumbers and Pipefitters – signed a Project Labor Agreement (PLA) on Sept. 14 with a large Canadian energy company, to build a big trans-national oil pipeline from the oil sands of Alberta to the refineries of Texas’ Gulf Coast. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks