(By Mark Gruenberg, PAI Staff Writer) ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A brighter construction industry outlook in 2011? Bring it on. ..
DETROIT – A $505 million capital improvement bond issue approved a year ago by Detroit voters is starting to translate into a wide swath of construction projects to improve the city’s schools, while providing jobs for the building trades. ..
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) leadership have announced their plans for a $1.38 billion investment in the 2011 statewide Highway Program. ..
U.S. health care costs have mostly defied the laws of gravity in recent years, and 2011 is expected to be no different. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan