(By Robert Reich, Fmr Secretary of Labor) ..
HOLLAND – Iron Workers helped power up the first phase of construction at the LG Chem Battery Plant, and they finished off the lion’s share of their work on Nov. 29 with a topping-out ceremony. ..
(By Dave Johnson, OurFuture.org) ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Continuing budget challenges for state and local governments, uncertainty surrounding a new long-term federal surface transportation bill, and winding down of infrastructure investment under the stimulus law will drive a 4.4 percent contraction in the U.S. highway and bridge construction market in 2011. ..
DETROIT – The city has a huge problem with fires. The sprinkler fitters and the National Fire Safety Association have a solution. ..
DETROIT – Finding a cure or better treatment for asbestos-related diseases is close to the hearts of thousands of construction workers, many of whom themselves may be afflicted or have lost family and friends to the dreaded maladies. ..
U.S. Census Bureau figures and analysis by McGraw Hill Construction both reported small jumps in U.S. construction activity in October. But no one is ready to state that construction industry is ready to bust a positive move forward. ..
ROCHESTER – A new building that will be friendlier to its inhabitants and the environment is coming out of the ground on the Oakland University campus. ..
Do statewide right-to-work laws lower quality of life for residents? Some numbers unearthed by a tinknocker point to “yes.” ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved