(By Robert Reich, Fmr Secretary of Labor) ..
HOLLAND – Iron Workers helped power up the first phase of construction at the LG Chem Battery Plant, and they finished off the lion’s share of their work on Nov. 29 with a topping-out ceremony. ..
(By Dave Johnson, OurFuture.org) ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Continuing budget challenges for state and local governments, uncertainty surrounding a new long-term federal surface transportation bill, and winding down of infrastructure investment under the stimulus law will drive a 4.4 percent contraction in the U.S. highway and bridge construction market in 2011. ..
DETROIT – The city has a huge problem with fires. The sprinkler fitters and the National Fire Safety Association have a solution. ..
DETROIT – Finding a cure or better treatment for asbestos-related diseases is close to the hearts of thousands of construction workers, many of whom themselves may be afflicted or have lost family and friends to the dreaded maladies. ..
U.S. Census Bureau figures and analysis by McGraw Hill Construction both reported small jumps in U.S. construction activity in October. But no one is ready to state that construction industry is ready to bust a positive move forward. ..
ROCHESTER – A new building that will be friendlier to its inhabitants and the environment is coming out of the ground on the Oakland University campus. ..
Do statewide right-to-work laws lower quality of life for residents? Some numbers unearthed by a tinknocker point to “yes.” ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll