The one-year anniversary of the federal economic stimulus program came and went last month, and while the U.S. construction industry has performed miserably during that time, apparently, things could have been much worse. ..
The value of new construction starts slipped 1% in January to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $419.3 billion, McGraw-Hill Construction reported on Feb. 19. ..
FLINT – Shuttered since 1973, the historic Durant Hotel is getting new life: its old walls will enclose modern apartments aimed at serving the student population at the nearby University of Michigan-Flint. ..
Plumbers & Pipefitters, LU 333, of Lansing, Michigan has certainly suffered its share in the downed economy but not enough to prevent the Local from giving generously to others in need. In February the Local donated enough money to underwrite a team of four to travel to New Orleans to lend Helping Hands. ..
The volume of construction work in Michigan has certainly declined – but not the quality of work. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll