President Obama hasn’t exactly endeared himself to the labor movement over his unwillingness to push labor’s top legislative priority, the Employee Free Choice Act. ..
President Barack Obama is in a difficult position when it comes to deficits. Today’s high deficits will have to go even higher to help address unemployment. At the same time, many Americans are increasingly concerned about escalating deficits and debt. What’s a president to do? ..
In a 180-degreee turn from a Labor Department under the Bush administration that tried to gut overtime rules for millions of workers, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis has unveiled a new campaign to inform workers about their pay rights and to put a stop to wage theft. ..
ANN ARBOR – Now, the Iron Workers are coming. ..
LANSING – The Michigan Department of Transportation issues rolling five-year plans for road construction in our state. Like nearly everything else related to construction in Michigan, the 2010-2014 MDOT Five-Year Transportation Program indicates that the wheels are coming off the state’s effort to keep smooth roads. ..
Traditionally, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) kicks off the summer construction and repair season in April with a week to alert drivers to the dangers of highway work zones. This year, it is the FHWA and state transportation officials who are on notice. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved