WASHINGTON (PAI) – Union leaders hailed the final passage of the health care overhaul, but AFL-CIO President Richard L. Trumka warned the fight isn’t over yet. ..
The health care revision is law, though implementation will take quite a while. We still think that it lacks meaningful cost controls – except for a commission that could ride herd on insurance company premium hikes – and that the 40% excise tax on the value of present insurance above a minimum of $27,500 per family (the so-called Cadillac plans) was the last straw. ..
DETROIT – While the world of science has expanded its knowledge base just a little since the 1960s, facilities and infrastructure at Wayne State University’s Chemistry Building have changed very little in the last four decades. ..
Not a week goes by where I am not approached by a consortium or an individual corporation that has concrete plans for the construction of some type of major facility here in the United States. In recent weeks, most of these proposals have centered on the construction of energy-related facilities (both traditional and renewable). But, there have been many proposed manufacturing facilities as well. And let me assure you, these are not “fly-by-night” organizations, either. These are stable companies and, in many instances, reputable household names. ..
This has been a horrible year for Ashley Yost, but it’s starting to turn the corner. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)–The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has warned 15,000 firms nationwide that their job safety and health records are bad enough to warrant closer federal scrutiny — and it’s offering compliance help. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan