ANN ARBOR – Structurally, a bigger Big House is in place. Now the building trades, Barton Malow and its subcontractors are working against the clock to have the multitude of detail work at Michigan Stadium ready for its first game against the Connecticut Huskies on Sept. 4. ..
Last year at this time, the full effect of the recession hadn’t quite flattened the entire U.S. construction industry. ..
Construction firms added 14,000 new jobs in April, the second consecutive month of employment gains for the industry, according to an analysis of federal figures released May 7 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
U.S. construction industry activity dropped 9 percent from March to April, and through the first four months of the year, was essentially flat compared to the same period a year ago. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved