ANN ARBOR – Structurally, a bigger Big House is in place. Now the building trades, Barton Malow and its subcontractors are working against the clock to have the multitude of detail work at Michigan Stadium ready for its first game against the Connecticut Huskies on Sept. 4. ..
Last year at this time, the full effect of the recession hadn’t quite flattened the entire U.S. construction industry. ..
Construction firms added 14,000 new jobs in April, the second consecutive month of employment gains for the industry, according to an analysis of federal figures released May 7 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
U.S. construction industry activity dropped 9 percent from March to April, and through the first four months of the year, was essentially flat compared to the same period a year ago. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll