ANN ARBOR – Structurally, a bigger Big House is in place. Now the building trades, Barton Malow and its subcontractors are working against the clock to have the multitude of detail work at Michigan Stadium ready for its first game against the Connecticut Huskies on Sept. 4. ..
Last year at this time, the full effect of the recession hadn’t quite flattened the entire U.S. construction industry. ..
Construction firms added 14,000 new jobs in April, the second consecutive month of employment gains for the industry, according to an analysis of federal figures released May 7 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
U.S. construction industry activity dropped 9 percent from March to April, and through the first four months of the year, was essentially flat compared to the same period a year ago. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan