ANN ARBOR – Structurally, a bigger Big House is in place. Now the building trades, Barton Malow and its subcontractors are working against the clock to have the multitude of detail work at Michigan Stadium ready for its first game against the Connecticut Huskies on Sept. 4. ..
Last year at this time, the full effect of the recession hadn’t quite flattened the entire U.S. construction industry. ..
Construction firms added 14,000 new jobs in April, the second consecutive month of employment gains for the industry, according to an analysis of federal figures released May 7 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
U.S. construction industry activity dropped 9 percent from March to April, and through the first four months of the year, was essentially flat compared to the same period a year ago. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction