LANSING – Michigan House Speaker Andy Dillon (D-Redford Twp.) has been endorsed for state governor by the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council. Building trades union members and their families are urged to vote for Dillon in the state Democratic primary, Tuesday, Aug.3. ..
The race for governor is at the top of the Aug. 3 primary ballot, but below those names will be numerous other candidates for office whose election will have long-term effects on Michigan’s policies and people. ..
Seasonally adjusted construction industry employment slipped in June to the lowest total since July 1996 while the industry’s unemployment rate remained at 20.1 percent, more than double the average for all workers, according to analysis of new federal figures released July 2 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
DETROIT – Marathon Petroleum Company LLC’s refinery is in the midst of a $2.2 billion project that will allow it to process heavy crude oils, like those from Canada, and help keep Michigan’s only petroleum refinery viable and flexible well into the future. ..
Stronger enforcement tools, tougher penalties and broader workers’ rights are at the center of soon-to-be introduced workplace safety legislation. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says