Michigan’s battered and bruised construction industry may not be ready for a roaring comeback, but will this be the year that shows we’re finally on the road to recovery? The signs point to… maybe. ..
The Republican-dominated Michigan Legislature couldn’t wait to get started bashing the state’s unions. ..
(By Mark Ayers, President, AFL-CIO Building Trades Department) ..
ANN ARBOR – Couzens Hall’s nice brick exterior will look about the same when a major ongoing renovation project is complete in June. Likewise, there won’t be that many physical changes to the layout of the interior of the hall, especially on the upper floors, which provides housing for some 600 students. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved