President Obama’s American Jobs Act, as expected, died a quick death in the U.S. Senate and likely won’t be resurrected any time before Election Day 2012. ..
I’m afraid we’ll need more than marches to get jobs back. ..
MARQUETTE – A new chapter in the Upper Peninsula’s rich mining history is being written on a site 26 miles northwest of here on an area called the Yellow Dog Plains. ..
Construction employers added 26,000 jobs between August and September as the industry’s unemployment rate dropped to 13.3 percent, from 13.5 percent, according to an analysis of new federal employment data released Oct. 7 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
LANSING – There are several Republican-backed right-to-work bills and proposals that are floating around the state Capitol. One would allow local governments to institute right-to-work “zones” in their corner of the state. Another would make RTW a statewide law. Last month, a state Republican leader advocated “right-to-teach” legislation in an effort to specifically break the Michigan Education Association. ..
MUSKEGON – Now this is a right-to-work resolution organized labor can live with. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone