LANSING – Last November , Michigan’s voters handed Republicans control over every lever of power in the state, including the House, the Senate, the governor’s office, and the state Supreme Court. ..
On Sept. 27, Bradford Jacobsen (R-Oxford), introduced House Bill 5002 at a Commerce Committee hearing in Lansing. The bill’s business backers claim it will stabilize, modernize and clarify the Workers’ Disability Compensation Act. Although Jacobsen said that the bill is not intended to harm anyone, in its present form, HB 5002 will seriously harm all injured Michigan workers. ..
QUINNESEC – Verso Paper Corp., already a harvester of trees for making its paper products, will soon have greater capacity to utilize formerly discarded wood parts like treetops, limbs and bark to create energy at the plant. ..
LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder is expected to tell us about his plans for repairing the state’s crumbling infrastructure in an address on Oct. 24. ..
Several regions in Michigan enjoyed strong construction employment gains compared to the rest of the country between August 2010 and August 2011, the Associated General Contractors reported Sept. 26. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan