LANSING – The long list of anti-worker legislation adopted this year by state Republican lawmakers got a little longer on Nov. 2, as the Michigan House passed a bill which reforms the workers’ compensation system in Michigan. ..
Election Day results delivered a jolt to anti-worker lawmakers in Michigan and a major shock to those in Ohio, delivered by voters upset that workers, unions and the middle class are being scapegoated for economic troubles. ..
(With Michigan on the front lines of the right-to-work debate, the Economic Policy Institute issued a study titled “Right to work – The wrong answer for Michigan’s economy. Following is our final excerpt). ..
HOUGHTON – Water quality. Lake levels. Invasive species. Climate change. Water siphoning. Pollutants. ..
WASHINGTON – Legislation that would create infrastructure jobs for the building trades and save jobs for other workers has been shot down as a whole, and in parts, by Senate Republicans. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Over their careers, construction workers have a 1 in 200 chance of death on the job, five times what the government considers the “significant” risk of death at work, a new study says. Construction injury risks are also very high, but they have fluctuated and last year improved significantly (see related article). ..
LANSING – House Bill 5002 is the latest and one of the nastiest pieces of anti-worker legislation that state Republican lawmakers are considering. ..
LANSING – Asbestos-related disease victims and their families would continue to be victimized by the Michigan Legislature with the potential passage of a proposed law that would limit the liability of certain “successor companies” involved in the sale or use of asbestos-related products. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll