LANSING – Chanting “union busting – it’s disgusting” and “take Michigan back,” a throng of about 5,000 from around the state converged on the steps of the Capitol Building on March 16, demanding a reversal to a number of proposals made by Gov. Rick Snyder and Republican lawmakers. ..
LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder and the Republican House and Senate have adopted a bill that allows the appointment of emergency financial managers for financially strapped cities and school districts, while giving that manager powers akin to what critics have called a dictatorship. ..
With no less than 37 anti-worker and anti-union bills on the docket in the Michigan House and Senate, it’s time for building trades workers around the state to let their state representatives and state senators know how you feel. ..
(By Robert Reich, Fmr. U.S. Secretary of Labor) ..
A mess in Michigan: With 37 anti-worker bills on the docket, ‘there’s an awful lot of work to do’
LANSING – The 52nd annual Michigan Building Trades Legislative Conference took place at the dawn of a new, and potentially awful era for organized labor in the state. ..
LANSING – The state’s Senate Republicans maintained their majority status following last November ‘s elections, and they chose moderate Randy Richardville to lead their caucus. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll