LANSING – Building trades union workers from across Michigan are asked to converge on the steps of the State Capitol Building on Wednesday, April 13 as part of a “We are the people” rally to protest a myriad of anti-worker, Tea Party-fueled Republican legislation. ..
LANSING – Michigan has suffered through its share of dubious “firsts” during this Great Recession that involve population loss, unemployment statistics, budget woes and political battles. ..
DEARBORN – On the ground of former Ford Motor Co. Rouge Steel property, Severstal North America, Barton Malow and the building trades are going full bore on projects to enhance the company’s steel product lines. ..
A March 30 report by Transportation for America (TFA) analyzes the sorry state of America’s bridges, and finds Michigan’s spans among the sorriest. ..
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved
- News Briefs
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building