LANSING – Building trades union workers from across Michigan are asked to converge on the steps of the State Capitol Building on Wednesday, April 13 as part of a “We are the people” rally to protest a myriad of anti-worker, Tea Party-fueled Republican legislation. ..
LANSING – Michigan has suffered through its share of dubious “firsts” during this Great Recession that involve population loss, unemployment statistics, budget woes and political battles. ..
DEARBORN – On the ground of former Ford Motor Co. Rouge Steel property, Severstal North America, Barton Malow and the building trades are going full bore on projects to enhance the company’s steel product lines. ..
A March 30 report by Transportation for America (TFA) analyzes the sorry state of America’s bridges, and finds Michigan’s spans among the sorriest. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll