LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder took nearly two weeks to decide whether to sign legislation that bans local communities from implementing project labor agreements – but sign it he did. ..
LUDINGTON –Consumers Energy, Michigan’s largest renewable energy provider, received final approval on July 7 from Mason County for the utility’s special land use permit application for its first wind park – the 100-megawatt Lake Winds Energy Park. ..
LANSING – Michigan House Republicans adopted a Senate bill on June 30 that (sort of) takes away the ability of local lawmakers to enter into project labor agreements (PLAs) on state-funded construction projects. ..
LANSING – It’s been a tough year for organized labor in Michigan. It’s probably about to get tougher. ..
KOCHVILLE TWP. – Saginaw Valley State University is Michigan’s youngest university, but it’s growing up fast. ..
Construction spending fell for the sixth straight month in May, touching an 11-year low, as shrinking public outlays and residential construction swamped a rise in private nonresidential work, the Associated General Contractors of America reported July 1. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction