LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder took nearly two weeks to decide whether to sign legislation that bans local communities from implementing project labor agreements – but sign it he did. ..
LUDINGTON –Consumers Energy, Michigan’s largest renewable energy provider, received final approval on July 7 from Mason County for the utility’s special land use permit application for its first wind park – the 100-megawatt Lake Winds Energy Park. ..
LANSING – Michigan House Republicans adopted a Senate bill on June 30 that (sort of) takes away the ability of local lawmakers to enter into project labor agreements (PLAs) on state-funded construction projects. ..
LANSING – It’s been a tough year for organized labor in Michigan. It’s probably about to get tougher. ..
KOCHVILLE TWP. – Saginaw Valley State University is Michigan’s youngest university, but it’s growing up fast. ..
Construction spending fell for the sixth straight month in May, touching an 11-year low, as shrinking public outlays and residential construction swamped a rise in private nonresidential work, the Associated General Contractors of America reported July 1. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone