LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder took nearly two weeks to decide whether to sign legislation that bans local communities from implementing project labor agreements – but sign it he did. ..
LUDINGTON –Consumers Energy, Michigan’s largest renewable energy provider, received final approval on July 7 from Mason County for the utility’s special land use permit application for its first wind park – the 100-megawatt Lake Winds Energy Park. ..
LANSING – Michigan House Republicans adopted a Senate bill on June 30 that (sort of) takes away the ability of local lawmakers to enter into project labor agreements (PLAs) on state-funded construction projects. ..
LANSING – It’s been a tough year for organized labor in Michigan. It’s probably about to get tougher. ..
KOCHVILLE TWP. – Saginaw Valley State University is Michigan’s youngest university, but it’s growing up fast. ..
Construction spending fell for the sixth straight month in May, touching an 11-year low, as shrinking public outlays and residential construction swamped a rise in private nonresidential work, the Associated General Contractors of America reported July 1. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan