LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder took nearly two weeks to decide whether to sign legislation that bans local communities from implementing project labor agreements – but sign it he did. ..
LUDINGTON –Consumers Energy, Michigan’s largest renewable energy provider, received final approval on July 7 from Mason County for the utility’s special land use permit application for its first wind park – the 100-megawatt Lake Winds Energy Park. ..
LANSING – Michigan House Republicans adopted a Senate bill on June 30 that (sort of) takes away the ability of local lawmakers to enter into project labor agreements (PLAs) on state-funded construction projects. ..
LANSING – It’s been a tough year for organized labor in Michigan. It’s probably about to get tougher. ..
KOCHVILLE TWP. – Saginaw Valley State University is Michigan’s youngest university, but it’s growing up fast. ..
Construction spending fell for the sixth straight month in May, touching an 11-year low, as shrinking public outlays and residential construction swamped a rise in private nonresidential work, the Associated General Contractors of America reported July 1. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll