MSU’s FRIB gets wait and see approach
Michigan State University isn’t fretting the future of the FRIB – yet. ..
Obama said the controversial project could not be constructed as planned by its sponsor, TransCanada, because it would endanger a valuable underground aquifer in Nebraska. He said TransCanada could apply again once it worked out a new route around the aquifer, and the company said it would do so. ..
The year-end 2011 report was released Jan. 23, and revealed that new U.S. construction starts fell 3 percent in the month of December, and overall in 2011 slipped 2 percent to $421.4 billion in spending compared to 2010. That’s after U.S. construction starts gained 1 percent in 2010 over 2009. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan