GRAND RAPIDS – Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney came to Michigan the day after Valentine’s Day, but he wasn’t showing any love for the state’s union members. ..
“The Labor Educator” ..
EAST LANSING – They’re calling it an addition, but the added space that’s being constructed at Wells Hall on the Michigan State University campus needs a better term to describe it. Perhaps a cap? Or a crown? ..
LANSING – It was bad enough for the state’s workers when Gov. Rick Snyder signed a Republican-backed bill last March 28, which made Michigan the first state in history to reduce Unemployment Insurance benefits, from 26 to 20 weeks. ..
Dave Austin has joined the staff of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council’s Detroit office, serving as business representative. ..
BATTLE CREEK – The transformation of the Lane Thomas Building on the Kellogg Community College campus is nearly complete. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino