GRAND RAPIDS – Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney came to Michigan the day after Valentine’s Day, but he wasn’t showing any love for the state’s union members. ..
“The Labor Educator” ..
EAST LANSING – They’re calling it an addition, but the added space that’s being constructed at Wells Hall on the Michigan State University campus needs a better term to describe it. Perhaps a cap? Or a crown? ..
LANSING – It was bad enough for the state’s workers when Gov. Rick Snyder signed a Republican-backed bill last March 28, which made Michigan the first state in history to reduce Unemployment Insurance benefits, from 26 to 20 weeks. ..
Dave Austin has joined the staff of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council’s Detroit office, serving as business representative. ..
BATTLE CREEK – The transformation of the Lane Thomas Building on the Kellogg Community College campus is nearly complete. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction