For organized labor in Michigan, the Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012 general election will be (cliché alert) “the most important election of our lifetime.” ..
LANSING – Will the Protect Our Jobs ballot initiative improve union voter turnout on Nov. 6? ..
EAST LANSING – The new Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum under construction on the campus of Michigan State University is itself, in many ways, a piece of art. ..
That’s usually good news for the building trades, and indeed, the university’s dignitaries used those shovels and held a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate construction of a $16.4 million renewable energy facility. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – A top anti-union lobby, the Associated Builders and Contractors, which proclaims itself as the national voice of non-union construction companies, actually represents a small share of U.S. contractors, a new study shows. ..
“The Fermi 2 team completed an enormous amount of work during the outage, while always keeping safety as the top priority,” said Jack Davis, senior vice president and chief nuclear officer. “This maintenance work will help us to continue sending clean, safe energy to our customers in southeast Michigan.” ..
WASHINGTON – Barack Obama. Mitt Romney. Compare and contrast. ..
* “Why did he (Obama) drag his feet on free trade agreements with Columbia, Panama, and South Korea? Because organized unions don’t want it. And so, bowing to them, he holds off on trade. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved