For organized labor in Michigan, the Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012 general election will be (cliché alert) “the most important election of our lifetime.” ..
LANSING – Will the Protect Our Jobs ballot initiative improve union voter turnout on Nov. 6? ..
EAST LANSING – The new Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum under construction on the campus of Michigan State University is itself, in many ways, a piece of art. ..
That’s usually good news for the building trades, and indeed, the university’s dignitaries used those shovels and held a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate construction of a $16.4 million renewable energy facility. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – A top anti-union lobby, the Associated Builders and Contractors, which proclaims itself as the national voice of non-union construction companies, actually represents a small share of U.S. contractors, a new study shows. ..
“The Fermi 2 team completed an enormous amount of work during the outage, while always keeping safety as the top priority,” said Jack Davis, senior vice president and chief nuclear officer. “This maintenance work will help us to continue sending clean, safe energy to our customers in southeast Michigan.” ..
WASHINGTON – Barack Obama. Mitt Romney. Compare and contrast. ..
* “Why did he (Obama) drag his feet on free trade agreements with Columbia, Panama, and South Korea? Because organized unions don’t want it. And so, bowing to them, he holds off on trade. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan