LANSING – An analysis of the Protect Our Jobs proposal by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette has concluded that the labor-backed ballot initiative contains so many “Trojan horse-style” repeals and revisions of the state Constitution that it should be rejected. ..
The U.S. Labor Department reported on Aug. 3 that the nation gained 163,000 jobs in July, but it was not enough to lower the national unemployment rate, which rose a fraction from 8.2 percent to 8.3 percent. ..
LUDINGTON – By the end of the year, White Construction, its subcontractors and the building trades will have placed up to 100 megawatts of new clean, renewable energy on the state’s power grid. ..
The U.S. unemployment rate is relatively high, but it’s not high enough for continuing extended federal jobless benefits. ..
In California, considered the bluest of the blue states, polls indicated that over 40 percent of people favored restricting or eliminating collective bargaining for public sector employees. ..
Labor Day events are scheduled around Michigan on Monday, Sept. 3. Make plans to celebrate Labor’s Day in your area. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll