Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. ..
LANSING – With football season starting, perhaps it’s appropriate the Protect Our Jobs/Protect Working Families proposal has been kicked around the state government and the courts. ..
ST. JOHNS – This has been anything but a quiet, sleepy summer around St. John’s High School. ..
ANN ARBOR – The United Association of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters (UA), North America, and the Plumbing Trades Employees Union (PTEU), Australia, signed an affiliation agreement on Aug. 15 to implement joint skills training and employment initiatives in the U.S., Canada and Australia. ..
Mitt Romney hasn’t provided details so we should be grateful he’s selected as vice president, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, a man with a detailed plan Romney says is “marvelous,” “bold and exciting,” “excellent,” “much needed,” and “consistent with” what he’s put out. ..
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved
- News Briefs
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building