Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. ..
LANSING – With football season starting, perhaps it’s appropriate the Protect Our Jobs/Protect Working Families proposal has been kicked around the state government and the courts. ..
ST. JOHNS – This has been anything but a quiet, sleepy summer around St. John’s High School. ..
ANN ARBOR – The United Association of Plumbers and Pipe Fitters (UA), North America, and the Plumbing Trades Employees Union (PTEU), Australia, signed an affiliation agreement on Aug. 15 to implement joint skills training and employment initiatives in the U.S., Canada and Australia. ..
Mitt Romney hasn’t provided details so we should be grateful he’s selected as vice president, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, a man with a detailed plan Romney says is “marvelous,” “bold and exciting,” “excellent,” “much needed,” and “consistent with” what he’s put out. ..
LANSING – An analysis of the Protect Our Jobs proposal by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette has concluded that the labor-backed ballot initiative contains so many “Trojan horse-style” repeals and revisions of the state Constitution that it should be rejected. ..
The U.S. Labor Department reported on Aug. 3 that the nation gained 163,000 jobs in July, but it was not enough to lower the national unemployment rate, which rose a fraction from 8.2 percent to 8.3 percent. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll