LANSING – The former J.W. Knapp’s Department Store has anchored the downtown corner of Washtenaw Street and Washington Square since it was completed in 1937. But the building almost has the look of a 1930s streamliner locomotive ready to pull itself out of its foundations. ..
STERLING HTS. – The IBEW Local 58– NECA Electrical Industry Training Center received a prestigious Macomb Business Award last month, honoring the staff and facility as a “Champion of Workforce Development.” ..
ORLANDO, Fla. (PAI) – AFL-CIO unions had 8,384,725 members in calendar year 2012, down 70,317 (less than 1 percent) from the year before, figures distributed last month to the federation’s Executive Council showed. ..
LANSING – State Republican lawmakers plotting to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act aren’t letting the facts get in the way of anti-union ideology. ..
LANSING – Many unemployed building trades union workers in Michigan now have some clarity on how to best fill out their application to obtain jobless benefits. ..
The Michigan Building Trades Legislative Conference Options are few for labor’s agenda as the state GOP holds all the cards
LANSING – “The governor and his buddies in the legislature have launched an all-out assault on working families.” ..
Please urge your legislator NOT to support: ..
LANSING – Numerous bills have been introduced over the years to repeal Michigan’s Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. Most were symbolic and lacked support of sufficient lawmakers in either the House or Senate or the governor’s office. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower