LANSING – The former J.W. Knapp’s Department Store has anchored the downtown corner of Washtenaw Street and Washington Square since it was completed in 1937. But the building almost has the look of a 1930s streamliner locomotive ready to pull itself out of its foundations. ..
STERLING HTS. – The IBEW Local 58– NECA Electrical Industry Training Center received a prestigious Macomb Business Award last month, honoring the staff and facility as a “Champion of Workforce Development.” ..
ORLANDO, Fla. (PAI) – AFL-CIO unions had 8,384,725 members in calendar year 2012, down 70,317 (less than 1 percent) from the year before, figures distributed last month to the federation’s Executive Council showed. ..
LANSING – State Republican lawmakers plotting to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act aren’t letting the facts get in the way of anti-union ideology. ..
LANSING – Many unemployed building trades union workers in Michigan now have some clarity on how to best fill out their application to obtain jobless benefits. ..
The Michigan Building Trades Legislative Conference Options are few for labor’s agenda as the state GOP holds all the cards
LANSING – “The governor and his buddies in the legislature have launched an all-out assault on working families.” ..
Please urge your legislator NOT to support: ..
LANSING – Numerous bills have been introduced over the years to repeal Michigan’s Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. Most were symbolic and lacked support of sufficient lawmakers in either the House or Senate or the governor’s office. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks