DETROIT – The Breath of Life Foundation once again pitched in financially to help fund asbestos-related disease research at the Karmanos Cancer Institute. But time and funds are running short in the effort to keep the renowned institute’s treatment and research program up and running. ..
(From the Michigan AFL-CIO) ..
LANSING – The state’s Unemployment Agency has issued a clarification to a prior clarification for unemployed building trades union workers filling out jobless benefit forms. ..
HOWELL – Steel tower sections from two shuttered auto plants that were ripe for the scrap heap have instead been recycled for use in a variety of construction industry training and urban and jobsite rescue exercises. ..
(By Marty Mulcahy, Managing Editor)
LANSING – Decades have passed since it became apparent that Michigan needs a sustainable, long-term funding plan to repair and maintain the state’s roads and bridges. ..
(By Mike Thibault, President, Marquette County Labor Council) ..
A union-backed lawsuit challenging Michigan’s right-to-work law because it was passed in violation of state and federal open government laws can go on as scheduled, an Ingham County Circuit judge ruled April 3. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says