DETROIT – The Breath of Life Foundation once again pitched in financially to help fund asbestos-related disease research at the Karmanos Cancer Institute. But time and funds are running short in the effort to keep the renowned institute’s treatment and research program up and running. ..
(From the Michigan AFL-CIO) ..
LANSING – The state’s Unemployment Agency has issued a clarification to a prior clarification for unemployed building trades union workers filling out jobless benefit forms. ..
HOWELL – Steel tower sections from two shuttered auto plants that were ripe for the scrap heap have instead been recycled for use in a variety of construction industry training and urban and jobsite rescue exercises. ..
(By Marty Mulcahy, Managing Editor)
LANSING – Decades have passed since it became apparent that Michigan needs a sustainable, long-term funding plan to repair and maintain the state’s roads and bridges. ..
(By Mike Thibault, President, Marquette County Labor Council) ..
A union-backed lawsuit challenging Michigan’s right-to-work law because it was passed in violation of state and federal open government laws can go on as scheduled, an Ingham County Circuit judge ruled April 3. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks