DETROIT – The Breath of Life Foundation once again pitched in financially to help fund asbestos-related disease research at the Karmanos Cancer Institute. But time and funds are running short in the effort to keep the renowned institute’s treatment and research program up and running. ..
(From the Michigan AFL-CIO) ..
LANSING – The state’s Unemployment Agency has issued a clarification to a prior clarification for unemployed building trades union workers filling out jobless benefit forms. ..
HOWELL – Steel tower sections from two shuttered auto plants that were ripe for the scrap heap have instead been recycled for use in a variety of construction industry training and urban and jobsite rescue exercises. ..
(By Marty Mulcahy, Managing Editor)
LANSING – Decades have passed since it became apparent that Michigan needs a sustainable, long-term funding plan to repair and maintain the state’s roads and bridges. ..
(By Mike Thibault, President, Marquette County Labor Council) ..
A union-backed lawsuit challenging Michigan’s right-to-work law because it was passed in violation of state and federal open government laws can go on as scheduled, an Ingham County Circuit judge ruled April 3. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll