DETROIT – Doing things the right way and consistently giving the customer what he wants is slowly starting to pay off for building trades unions and their contractors. ..
DETROIT – Historically, there have been disagreements, schisms and some bad breakups among unions and federations in the U.S. labor movement. ..
ROCHESTER – Currently under construction at Oakland University, a new Engineering Center will create a modern educational environment for students and staff, while the placement of the building itself is part of a plan to help create a denser central campus. ..
Michigan’s right-to-work law does apply to about 30,000 state employees, according to a state Court of Appeals ruling released Aug. 15. ..
Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. In that spirit, Labor Day events are scheduled around Michigan on Monday, Sept. 2. Make plans to celebrate Labor’s Day in your area. ..
This is reprinted from earlier this year, in an effort to help new jobless workers. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Leaders of the AFL-CIO will ask delegates at its convention, scheduled Sept. 8-11 in Los Angeles, to enact a massive revamp of the labor movement, the federation’s Executive Council learned on July 24. ..
This is the latest in a series of articles on the pending impact of the
Affordable Care Act.
KALAMAZOO – A building once associated with the city’s pharmaceutical heritage is being re-purposed for another medical-related endeavor. ..
LANSING – Yet more proposed changes to Michigan’s energy policy threaten the construction of the proposed Thetford Plant, and throw into doubt all manner of pollution control work and other upgrades at Michigan’s power plants that employ building trades workers. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks