At its core, Michigan’s new right-to-work laws covering public and private employees are fairly simple. ..
DETROIT – Politically, Michigan’s labor movement could use a plan to get out of the wilderness. ..
DETROIT – You don’t have to look too far back to see where all the anti-labor legislation in Michigan came from. Union household votes have been declining. ..
Multiemployer pension plans such as those that cover the building trades are healthier since the depths of the Great Recession, but have a ways to go before they rebound to levels from five or six years ago. ..
IN HONOR OF THEIR 100th Anniversary next year, IBEW Local 58 was given lead position in this year’s Detroit Labor Day Parade. Thousands of union members followed and joined the march along Michigan Avenue. Thank you to all who attended. ..
The UAW notified its members late last month that it would appeal an Aug. 15 appeals court ruling which found that Michigan’s right-to-work law does apply to about 30,000 state employees. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll